Sign up for our all new 1VOICE Hub City ~ Art for Change 2021 Event
October 21, 2021 5:30pm – 8:30pm
RJ Rockers Brewing Company
Sign up to let your VOICE be heard: www.1voicehubcity.com
How can I add my VOICE?
We welcome you to add your voice by submitting a performance or artistic piece that captures the story of domestic and/or sexual violence.
Due to the nature of these serious issues, we do ask that your submission is related around the 1VOICE acronym or goals as this will be a family friendly atmosphere.
Who should apply to help SHRCC create change in our community?
Survivors or Allies who are amateur, emerging, and professional artists such as:
- Visual Artists (paint/drawing)
- Spoken word performers
- Performing Artists
ONE (1) VOICE
VOICE your Story, your Truth
OFFER Hope, Humanity and Compassion
INSPIRE Victims and Survivors to be Empowered
CHALLENGE Domestic and Sexual Violence Myths
ELIMINATE Barriers and Create Empathy
Goals of 1VOICE
- Demonstrate using art the impact of domestic/sexual violence locally and globally
- Raise awareness about the root causes of domestic/sexual violence
- Challenge myths and stereotypes
- Create empathy for survivor’s stories
- Foster a dialogue about the issues and work together to find solutions
- Inspire survivors to be empowered