Take A Stand is a call to action meant to bring attention to the issue of domestic violence for Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) and throughout the year. By taking a stand we intend to remind the nation that there are still countless people–victims and survivors, their children and families, their friends and family, their communities–impacted by domestic violence. We, all of us, should not stop until society has zero tolerance for domestic violence and until all victims and survivors can be heard.
Domestic violence thrives when we are silent; but if we take a stand and work together, we can end domestic violence. Throughout the month of October, help SHRCC to raise awareness about domestic violence and join in our efforts to end violence.
Things you can do:
- Make a donation to SHRCC in honor of the people in your life who have been impacted by domestic violence.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram to learn more about domestic violence.
- Wear purple — the color of Domestic Violence Awareness Month — during the month of October and use this as a way to tell others why ending domestic violence is important to you.
- Change your social media profile and cover photos.
- Learn more about the movement.
- Promote Healthy Realtionships and respect in your community.
- See if your workplace has a domestic violence program in place.
- Learn about resources available in your community.