Join us for the 3rd Annual Open Mic Night to raise awareness and support for victims of domestic violence.
Open to the public, this free event will be at the Ciclops Cyderi Brewery in Spartanburg SC October 18, 2018 @ 8:00 pm.
This platform provides survivors of intimate partner violence to share their stories through artistic expression.
Sign up for performers begins at 7:30 pm – poetry, music, song, spoken word
The remarkable Poetic Willow will open with some of her powerful spoken word pieces.
Facebook Event Page
*** The subject matter for this event contains personal accounts of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. May not be appropriate for younger audiences.
25th ANNIVERSARY ~ AUCTION FOR A CAUSE
Please join us as we celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Uptown Sertoma Club Auction for A Cause. This event will take place on November 2, 2018 at 5:30pm at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium. Our gratitude and thanks go out to The JM SMITH Corporation as the Signature Sponsor again this year.
You will have an opportunity to bid on an array of goodies not only in two silent auctions but in a live auction as well. What a great opportunity you have to share in solidarity and the passion of giving with others who support those in need within this community.
So how can you help us at SAFE Homes-Rape Crisis Coalition
From now on until October 26th, SHRCC will be collecting items with a value of $50 or more for the silent auctions and items with a value of $250 or more for the live auction. We’re looking for donations of:
- Fine Jewelry
- Vacation Rentals
- Spa Treatments
- Collegiate Tickets or Memorabilia
- Professional Sports Tickets or Memorabilia
- Gift certificates
- Gift Baskets
- Movie tickets
- Concert tickets
In addition to supporting your community, your donation is also tax deductible for the value of the item. If we receive your donation before October 16th, you or your company will be acknowledged as a donor in the auction catalog
Need Tickets? Come directly to SHRCC to purchase them in advance for $20.00. That’s right, you save $5.00 as well as allow us to keep the proceeds from the sale.
Tickets are also on sale at the auditorium for $25.00 that night.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
A 10% Buyers Premium will be added to all purchases
Free Catered local food
Cash Bar (beer and wine only)
We would like to say THANK YOU in advance for your donation(s) to our organization. Because of your generosity, proceeds from the sale of SHRCC auction items and ticket sales benefit victims and families of domestic violence and sexual assault. Your gift allows us to continue to provide shelter, counseling, legal advocacy, and other services to those we serve within your community.
If you would like to help or need more information, please e-mail Jennifer O’Shields @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864.583.9803.
Facebook: Auction for a Cause
With School starting, we wanted to get out our list of items we need for the children we serve @ SHRCC. All donations are tax deductible and we can count the hours you spent shopping. Thank you for thinking of our kids and know your donation will make a difference!
- Backpacks (various sizes/colors) – Specifically need for teens
- Nylon zipper pencil pouches
- Pencil sharpeners
- Colored pencils
- Markers (thin & thick)
- Notebook paper
- Graph paper
- 2-pocket folders w/prongs
- Composition (Marbled) notebooks – black and white
- Spiral notebooks
- Sticky Notes
- Binders (various sizes)
- Blue/black pens
- Sharpened pencils #2
- Glue sticks
- Hand sanitizer (small/travel)
- Rulers (plastic)
- Fiskar scissors
- Flash drives
- Ear buds or Head phones
- Clorox Wipes
- Quart & Gallon size baggies
If you are able to donate any of these items, please bring them to our main office:
SAFE Homes-Rape Crisis Coalition
236 Union Street Spartanburg, SC
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
SAFE Homes – Rape Crisis Coalition
2017 Year End Statistics Report
- we assisted 2,565 adults and 1,273 children traumatized by domestic violence and sheltered 354 adults and children
- we assisted 315 direct and 141 indirect victims of sexual assault
- we provided 4,698 individual and 1,636 family therapy sessions for 624 people
- we also provided 232 therapy/support groups which were attended by 259 individuals
- we accompanied 103 victims of sexual assault to the hospital
- we assisted 328 victims with filing order of protection petitions and attended 1,363 hearings with domestic violence and sexual assault victims
- we provided 633 education/prevention programs reaching 134,367 individuals
- 2,031 volunteers contributed 26,611 hours this year